The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS)
Living Hope’s National Church Body
- Global Disaster Response
- We provide assistance for victims of Hurricanes, Wildfires, Floods, and Earthquakes around the world.
- Global Impact – Sharing the Gospel
- Sharing the Gospel and Serving Others in 90 Countries Worldwide
- International Mercy Medical Team
- Medical professionals volunteering abroad in clinical and health-related settings.
- Multi-ethnic Ministries
- (LCMS website covers lots of these topics – we can spotlight one of them when this comes up in rotation.)
- Ministry to the Armed Forces
- Serving those who serve us
- Supporting 200 chaplains who represent our church body on active duty and reserves, meeting the needs of the military personnel and their families.
- Over 1,800 schools in the United States
- We have opened over 200 schools internationally
- Strong Chaplaincy Program
- Nearly 600 Chaplains providing Christ-centered, Compassionate care
- Health Ministry
- Encouraging Christ-centered Wellness
Mama Tara Orphanage (MTO)
- Financial Support – we typically give at least $15,000 to MTO each year
- Mission Trips to MTO
- Christmas Gifts
- School Supplies
- Ministry to the Homeless in Metro Atlanta
Providing the homeless with food and basic necessities, and help along the way toward rehabilitation, the healing of one’s life and stability.
- A team of volunteers knits hats for newborn babies that are then given to those born at Kennestone Hospital.
Newborn Baby Baskets for Living Hope Families & our Community
- A wonderful team of children’s ministry volunteers puts together baskets for newborn babies, including a hand-knitted sweater and other must-have items in caring for newborns!
- Child we Support: Panha
- Birthday: December 27, 2009 – He just turned…
- Country and Community: Kampong Svay, Cambodia
- Currently in primary school – grade 7
- He is currently in good health.
- This past year our support helped Panha with:
- Hygiene Education: “I know how to stay clean and safe from germs and practice good personal hygiene so I won’t get sick.”
- Child Protection Awareness: “I know what to do and who to turn to if I am hurt of feel unsafe.”
- He just sent us a handwritten note saying the following:
- My dream for the future: “In my dream I want to be a teacher.”
- I start my day by: “Tomorrow I will help my parents and study hard.”
- My favorite things to do: “I like studying math.”
- My favorite people to see: “Living with my parents, friends and other people.”
- Child we Support: Daniel
- Birthday: June 15, 2002
- Country: Peru
- Lives with his stepfather and mother
- He is responsible for making the beds, running errands and cleaning
- There are three children in the family
- He likes soccer and playing hide-and-seek
- He is in high school
- He regularly attends church activities
- A typical house in Peru has dirt floors, adobe walls and corrugated an iron roof.
- We provide, prepare and serve quarterly meals for the hungry and homeless in our community.
- Weekly collection of food for MUST
- Financial Donations
Food for the Poor
- Annual visit from FFP staff
Many members support
10 Helping Mamas
Helping Mamas provides costly and much needed baby supplies to organizations serving families in need in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for babies to thrive. Living Hope supports Atlanta area mothers through this organization during the months of November and December each year.